Re: add paging to "show msgbuf"

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 00:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, sam wrote:

> Doug White wrote:
>
> >This patch makes the "show msgbuf" ddb command use the pager instead of
> >just blasting it out. This helps me with a system that corrupts serial
> >output without flow control unless you give it bite-sized pieces.
> >
> >http://people.freebsd.org/~dwhite/patches/subr_prf.c.20050602.patch
> >
> >I'll commit this in a few days if there are no objections.
> >

> Is this related to the problem when communcation established thru serial
> console?

Not that I'm aware of, at least generally speaking. This is specific to
the IBM/Intel blade servers I've been working on some compatibilty issues
with. The blades provide access to the serial port via a Serial-Over-LAN
internal connection, but the BMC/BSMP on each blade is too slow to take
19200 baud without flow control and convert it into UDP packets without
getting out of sync during heavy output (like booting).  Putting the pager
in lets me advance one line at a time which keeps the display from turning
to mush.