Re: fxp0: device timeout

From: Mark Huizer <freebsd+current_at_dohd.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:11:04 +0200
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 12:09:28PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Monday 25 April 2005 02:37 pm, Mark Huizer wrote:
> > I looked in the mail archives, and of course it is clearly an interrupt
> > problem. I did the usual stuff: put the card in different PCI slots,
> > force it to different IRQ in the BIOS, but still no improvement.
> > Furthermore I don't believe that hardware should change that much just
> > by reinstalling FreeBSD, so I tend to believe that something is
> > different between 5.x and 6.x.
>
> Does it work better if you disable ACPI?

Nope. Tried that as well. In the mean time I replace the motherboard and
all is well now. I guess it must be a chipset problem that is not
present in -current, but is present in 5.x. The motherboard was a
chaintech (7aja... dont know the precise model name). I don't have a
small AMD processor to put in the old board to test stuff with, but
perhaps I can arrange one.

So there seems to be no fxp problem, that's good news :-)
--
Nice testing in little China...