Re: ULE Status.

From: jason henson <jason_at_ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:08:46 -0400
Divacky Roman wrote:

>On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 05:25:33AM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>

>>I just fixed what should be the last ULE+KSE+PREEMPTION bug.  Please let
>>me know if you run into any problems with it, preferably with a seperate
>>mail to me as I'm more likely to see this than one which is cc'd to
>>current_at_.
>>

>I just tried ULE+PREEMPTION and I still experience hardlocks... I found that
>its usually (80%) caused by mplayer... I dont know maybe it uses some specific
>things which make it more probable.
>
>without PREEMPTION everything works ok. I got the hardlock when compiling
>gcc41, downloading some big file from internet and trying to watch video usin
>mplayer
>
>I also have this
>Jun  5 09:46:18 witten kernel: pid 593: corrected slot count (9672->1)
>

>roman

When I ran ULE+PREEMPTION on 5_RELENG a month ago mplayer would reboot
and/or crash my system.  Once when trying to watch a clip I rebooted 4
times and the first thing I did at the desktop each time was try
mplayer.  Well, after the last lockup I removed PREEMPTION from my conf
and have been solid ever since.

So maybe that the same old bug causing problems?