Re: Marvell SATA RAID support...

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:56:08 +0200
On 06/06/2005, at 11:11, Krok wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to port Marvell's SATA drivers to FreeBSD ?
> As for me, the most important is supporting of card, based on
> 88SX5* and
> 88SX6* chipsets (also, on-board SATA controller, based on these
> chipsets, like SuperMicro P4SCT+).
>
> I've found Linux sources of this drivers :
> http://www.abit-usa.com/products/servers/drivers.php?
> categories=4&model=225
> http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/downloads.php?file=http://
> file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/drivers/linux/marvell/mvsata340.zip
>
> Also, is it possible to include supporting of Zero-Channel RAID
> AOC-2020SAH1, compatible with Marvell Hercules-1 88SX5081 (Rev. B2)
> SATA
> Host Controller.

Everything is possible given enough time to work on it :)

Porting a Linux driver in this case would be a complete waste of time
as ATA has most of what's needed to support it, just not the last
chip specific bits.

I started working on the 88SX50* long ago, but it has sort of stalled
due to other more pressing or interesting things. However I will
eventually get back to it and have it supported in ATA.

- Søren