hang at boot (ahd0)

From: Marian Hettwer <MH_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:04:20 +0200 (CEST)
Hej All,

today I cvsupped to -CURRENT (tag=.), from RELENG_5 (from today).
My procedure after cvsup was:
make -j8 buildworld
make -j8 buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
make installkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
reboot

I booted the box with boot -v to see some more messages.
Last line is:
ahd0: target 1 synchronous with period = 0x8, offset = 0x3f(RDSTRM|DT|IU|RTI)

transcribed by hand, because of a lack of serial access right now.

Since I don't have serial access yet, so I can't provide a complete boot
log until the hang.

Luckily I didn't do make installworld yet, so my old kernel boots fine.

Any ideas though ?

The box is a Dell Precision 670
A complete dmesg of FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE can be found under:
http://unixoid.de/freebsd/dmesg.xeon

I'd really like to help testing with RELENG_6 showing on the horizon :)

Best Regards,
Marian