Re: HEADSUP: OpenBSD dhclient incoming

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:47:45 -0700
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:25:14PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> for those of us who use a lot of the kinkier hacks of isc dhclient
> (and dhcpd) [0], i presume we will still be able to install this
> week's isc snapshots and keep runing, yes?
>
> [0] - dynamic dns update, wifi ssid search list, ...

It depends.  This is a fork of the isc client so some of that will still
be supported, for example dhclient.conf is still supported.  Other stuff
many require the use of the isc one which will be tricky because they
have vastly differnet modes of operation and thus the startup scripts
scripts are different.

I intend to treat this as code we can modify so if we need features,
they can be added.  We've also heard form Ted Lemon recently and he's
working on simplifying the ISC code so at some point in the future, we
could switch back if that were warranted.

-- Brooks