Re: non-sleepable locks held (xl0)

From: Pascal Hofstee <caelian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:10:24 -0700
On 5/25/05, Mike Jakubik <mikej_at_rogers.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 1:07 am, Bill Paul said:
>
> > You can't sleep in taskqueue_drain() with a lock held (clowns
> > will eat you). Wait for the taskqueue to drain first, then lock.
>
> Let me know when there is a patch commited to -current, and i will gladly
> rebuild and test.

I have had some serious trouble getting my amd64 system to boot
properly ever since the removal of the NO_MIXED_MODE option (trouble
with my SATA disk and an nForce3 chipset) ... so i only recently
(after Soren's latest nForce related SATA commit which made it all
work again) discovered i am suffering the exact same issue ...

If there is a patch to be tested i will gladly rebuild and see if it
will resolve the problem on my end as well ...

--
  Pascal Hofstee