OpenBSD dhclient segmentation fault

From: James Snow <snow+freebsd-current_at_teardrop.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:40:08 -0400
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:28:43AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:

> Please send me your dhclient.conf file and anything else relevant
> (Verbatim) as attachments (or an attached tarball).

Here you go:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/dhclient.conf,v 1.3 2001/10/27 03:14:37 rwatson Exp
$
#
#       This file is required by the ISC DHCP client.
#       See ``man 5 dhclient.conf'' for details.
#
#       In most cases an empty file is sufficient for most people as the
#       defaults are usually fine.
#
send host-name "snow";
prepend domain-name "teardrop.org ";
# supersede domain-name-servers 66.92.66.16;

interface "ath0" {
        media
        # net1
        "ssid net1 channel 5 wepmode on wepkey 0xwepkey",

        # net2
        "ssid net2 channel 11 wepmode on wepkey 0xwepkey",

        # net3
        "ssid net3 channel 8 wepmode on wepkey 0xwepkey",

        # net4
        "ssid net4 channel 4 wepmode on wepkey 0xwepkey",

        # net5
        "ssid net5 channel 1 wepmode off";
}

All I've changed are comments, SSIDs, and WEP keys. I can include them
if you really think they're likely to be part of the problem.

I've used the "interface ath0" statement as a way of easily
finding the various wireless networks I connect to. The "supersede
domain-name-servers" line I uncomment when I'm at a site that doles out
broken DNS servers.

I've since recompiled dhclient with debugging symbols enabled, but it
appears that this segfault only occurs when it actually receives a reply
to a query sent out via ath0 with one of the above media statements.
Since I'm not near my wireless networks at the moment, I won't be able
to provide a backtrace for a several hours. Sorry.

-Snow