Re: Accessing SCSI-Devices >2TB

From: Paul Mather <paul_at_gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:38:42 -0400
On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 12:11 -0500, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 12:33:06PM -0400 I heard the voice of
> Paul Mather, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > Also, have you considered using geom_stripe for concatenation?  It
> > postdates ccd.  See the gstripe(8) man page for details.
>
> It probably bears mentioning that ccd will concatenate as well as
> stripe, which may be far more useful in this case.  And that would
> lead to gconcat(8) instead of gstripe(8), too.

I never realised until reading your message that there was a gconcat,
but, sure enough, it's there (and geom_concat). :-)

My main reason for mentioning gstripe as an alternative to ccd is that
it seems to be more recently and actively maintained, and hence less
likely to suffer from the kinds of legacy issues that have been
discussed.

Cheers,

Paul.
--