Resume with ACPI doesn't work on ThinkPad R50e

From: Marcin Jessa <lists_at_yazzy.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 23:17:40 +0200
Hi.

I've Thinkpad R50e and I am struggeling to make resume work on it.
I'm on FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #2: Wed Jun  8 21:12:11 CEST 2005  (built on sources from a couple of hours ago).
I am able to change the speed of CPU and put the laptop in sleep mode with acpiconf -s 3 (S1, S2 and S3 are supported).
The problem is it never manages to fully wake up from the sleep mode.
I tried with and without X running with the same result.
It wakes up, I can hear the drives spin, the screen is turned on but the laptop is still frozen.
The keayboard is unaccessible.
I dont have apm enabled in the kernel.
Those are the values in my sysctl.conf:
hw.pci.do_powerstate=1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3
hw.acpi.standby_state=S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state=S3
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
vfs.usermount=1
hw.acpi.sleep_delay=3

device.hints has hint.apm.0.disabled="0"

In the dmesg I can also see many occurances of
ichss0: transition to 1 failed
I think that begun after I added device cpufreq to my kernel config.

I also followed http://www.iosn.net/Members/kaeru/articles/freebsd/x40/index_html but with no luck.

Any ideas how to make resume work?

Cheers,
Marcin