Re: Sound skipping problems

From: Pyun YongHyeon <yongari_at_rndsoft.co.kr>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:06:28 +0900
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 11:24:32AM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:

 > On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Jeff Roberson wrote:
 >
 > > On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:

 > > > This one works, and completely removes the sound jitter that used to
 > > > appear under heavy disk I/O (eg. untarring a 50 megs tarball).
 > > >
 > > > Congratulations!
 > >
 > > Thanks.  I'd like to get some more experience with it under extreme load
 > > conditions, but I do eventually plan to MFC.
 >
 > I made one more slight change to the patch which should reduce the number
 > of times we needlessly scan the list.  Can you make sure it does not cause
 > any problems for you?

Wow! It helps a lot. Even if maestro3(4) does not support
channel_setblocksize I couldn't notice audio stuttering while
extracting mozilla source. I noticed a few sound skipping when
a command "rm -rf mozilla" was in progress.
But I think systems that have audio hardwares with
channel_setblocksize would have worked better than maestro(3).

Thanks a lot!
--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon