Re: nForce 4, SATA Drive only runs at UDMA33?

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:47:20 -0700
> Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
> From: alan bryan <alanbryan1234_at_yahoo.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> > --- Søren Schmidt <sos_at_FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> > > I now have a nForce4 system here and can reproduce
> > > the problem. I'll
> > > get it fixed as soon as time permits, so stay
> > tuned!
> > >
> > > - Søren
>
> I tried -CURRENT again last night and it now worked!
>
> No panic and the system seems to now be correctly
> detecting the SATA drive.  I tried to run atacontrol
> commands though and they were all failing.  atacontrol
> list, atacontrol mode 0, etc...  (sorry I can't
> remember the error right now, if you want them I can
> switch disks and write it down).
>
> I'll do some more testing today and let you know how
> it goes.
>
> Thanks for the fast fix on this!  Really appreciated.

Try 'atacontrol mode ad0' or 'atacontrol detach ata1'. 'device' must now
be the actual device name (but not not the path as in /dev/ad0) and the
channel must be the device name of the channel, not simply the number.

The syntax of atacontrol in current was modified a few weeks ago, but
the man pages have not been updated. (I sent an updated page to the list
recently, but I don't know if anyone noticed nor am I sure that Søren
agrees with my proposed wording.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)