(unknown charset) Re: [current tinderbox] failure on ...all...

From: (unknown charset) David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:41:49 -0700
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 09:19:36AM +0200, Bjrn Knig wrote:
> David O'Brien wrote:
> >I could say that about tons of other ports.  The gcc28 port works fine,
> >and I don't see what is wrong with the patch I supplied.  gcc28 is still
> >the fastest compiler (in terms of compiler speed) we have on FreeBSD.  It
> >is still useful.
>
> For what is it useful? It can't compile C++ code,

Funny for me, I just compiled some C++ code (using catch-throw)
exceptions and it ran fine.

> it has a lack of
> standard conformance, gcc295 isn't quite worse and the utility ccache is
> a good choice you if you need fast recompilation.

Then for you, use gcc295.  But there is C++ code and C code that gcc295
won't compile.  That is why I keep gcc28 around.  I don't see why the
existence of gcc28 is a hardship for you.  I've even set NO_CDROM to not
be a burden for you.  It builds in 1 minute 30 seconds on my machine, so
its not a burden on the package cluster either.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)