Re: Immediate reboots on amd64 after upgrading to current

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:40:00 -0700
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:17:57PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 12:37:43PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> >
> >>I followed the handbook instructions of essentially make buildworld,
> >>buildkernel, installkernel etc..  When I rebooted however I found that
> >>the new kernel immediately reboots after selecting any of the options
> >>on the boot menu (safe mode, normal, single user, etc).
> >
> >I'm seeing the exact same behavior.  I upgraded a mid May current
> >to June 9th current and see this problem.  I backed up to June 1st
> >via cvsup and the boot problem is still there.  Ran out of time
> >to track things down until next week :-(.
> >
> >>Is the 6-current broken at the moment?  (unlikely as it seems like
> >>quite a severe break)
> >
> >In my experience, the answer is yes.
> >

> Does the SNAP004 snapshot that I published work any better for you?

I'm downloading the ISO at the moment. firefox says it will take
another 35 minutes.  All I need is the kernel.  Is there some
place on freebsd.org from which I can pull the kernel?

Also, David O'Brien has seen the instant reboot with a June 11th
kernel, but he was able to boot a June 10th kernel.  The ISO
is from June 3rd source, so it is probably fine.  My problem with
a June 1st kernel may be a self-inflicted, premature installworld
on June 9th.

--
Steve