Re: HEADSUP: OpenBSD dhclient incoming

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:01:45 +0400
В пн, 06/06/2005 в 20:46 -0700, Brooks Davis пишет:
> I'm about to start importing the OpenBSD dhclient and required
> support in /etc.  I will unhook dhclient from the build while I work so
> there shouldn't be much breakage for most people

I have strange behavior of new dhclient + devd:

just after boot (with ethernet plugged) I have no devd events about
state of media and have interface down, but after first ifconfig (even
without parameters, even executed by any user) "link state chages to UP"
event appears and devd starts dhclient on interface.

I do not think that it is desired behavior.

my rc.conf, related to this:

ifconfig_fxp0="dhcp"
network_interfaces="lo0"
devd_enable="YES"

Probably I need to comment network_interfaces line, but anyway, now it
works strange.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru