Re: groff alternative?

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:59:23 -0700
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 06:24:07PM +0200, Emanuel Strobl wrote:
> today I read a news article (http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/60600)
> about OpenSolaris beeing released, but is there also the groff alternative
> included?
> I'd love to see a lean replacment for our current gnu version.

Before everyone gets all happy thinking we can incorporate all kinds of
bits from Open Solaris - one should read the license agrement first.

    COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE Version 1.0
    ..
    3.1. Availability of Source Code.
    Any Covered Software that You distribute or otherwise make available
    in Executable form must also be made available in Source Code form
    and that Source Code form must be distributed only under the terms of
    this License.

this puts the CDDL1.0 in the same boat as GPL'ed code from a BSD stand
point.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)