Re: HEADSUP: OpenBSD dhclient incoming

From: Milan Obuch <current_at_dino.sk>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:40:55 +0200
On Wednesday 15 June 2005 08:30, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> ifconfig fxp0 1.2.3.4/24
>
> will kill dhclient every time for me.

Well, I would consider this a feature, not a bug, and a convenient one. It
happens on me from time to time that I have DHCP configured on one interface,
then after move to another place I issue 'ifconfig fxp0 ....' and some time
after network suddenly stops working due to dhclient running and deleting my
manually entered setting.
Where there also 'ifconfig fxp0 DHCP' for consistency...
I know this could be easily done with some scripting, but I could not
resist :)
Milan