Re: [Fwd: cvs commit: src/sys/modules Makefile src/sys/conf files src/sys/modules/ath_rate_sample Makefile src/sys/i386/conf NOTES]

From: Rong-En Fan <grafan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:15:23 +0800
On 3/12/05, Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com> wrote:
> Sam Leffler wrote:
> > If you''re an ath user on current it'd be great to get John some
> > feedback on his rate control algorithm as it might be made the default.
> >  I've not tested it with 5210 or 5211 cards and it's likely to have some
> > issues with them so beware.  To use it be sure you have up to date code
> > and then specify
> >
> > device    ath_rate_sample
> >
> > instead of the normal ath_rate_onoe.
>

> So far, I see no additional performance, in fact, upload speeds are about 15-20% less compared to the onoe stuff.  It's stable and seems to work ok for me however.

I have an 5212 card on IBM X31. Setting at the same location, the windows
Atheros driver works very well. However, using FreeBSD the network sometimes
hang and saw some 'ath0 device timeout' at console. But, when I switched to
ath_sample (orig is onoe)  it works very well. Althought I didn't
check the speed,
the ssh connection does not hang any more. BTW, ifconfig ath0 list ap shows
that S:N is about 8:0 to 13:0. My current is Jun 15.

Cheers,
Rong-En Fan