Re: Looking for networking solution.

From: Olivier Nicole <on_at_cs.ait.ac.th>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:35:25 +0700 (ICT)
> I am looking for solution I could implement on a link with a huge latency
> when ping replies can go up to a few hundred miliseconds, e.g sateliete
> links.
> Etc.

One way we have been thinking was to use some NAT on both end of the
satellite connection and change the window size on the satellite link.
That way you can push more data on the link before the first ack is due.

I do not see how you can do only local ack, if a packet is lost on the
"normal network" you have to have a way to inform the other end and do
retransmission. If you can do only local retransmission, then you are
talking about full satellite accelerator box :)

Olivier