Re: Looking for networking solution.

From: Hans Lambermont <hans_at_lambermont.dyndns.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:39:30 +0200
Marcin Jessa wrote:

> Frank Mayhar <fmayhar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> You want SCPS (the Space Communications Protocols Specification)
>> software.  Briefly, it fakes local TCP on either end while talking
>> its own protocol over the high-latency link.  I don't know if there
>> is any open-source package available but there are certainly
>> commercial solutions out there.
>
> Correct. That's why I asked about this problem here.  I was in doubt
> something like that existed for FreeBSD.

Yesterday I posted a mail about Tellitec. What I forgot to mention is
that it runs on FreeBSD too. I'm sure Tellitec has a native FreeBSD
binary, but the Linux binary I use at work also runs fine on FreeBSD.
However, it is closed source, so :

> We are willing to pay someone to develop such a solution for FreeBSD.
> I'd love to get in touch with someone willing to pick up that challenge.

I'm not sure it is what you're looking for.

-- Hans Lambermont

Disclaimer: I have a business relation to Tellitec.
--
http://hans.dse.nl/   () ASCII-ribbon campaign against vCards,
                      /\ HTML-mail and proprietary formats.