Re: HEADSUP: OpenBSD dhclient incoming

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:55:38 +0200
Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
> I'm seriously considering removing the following variables:
>
> network_interfaces

Don't.

If network_interfaces is left unspecified, the scripts will use
'ifconfig -l' and everything is fine provided all the interfaces were
already attached (i.e. the drivers were compiled into the kernel or
listed in loader.conf).  This is the common case.

However, if the driver wasn't already loaded for some reason,
network_interfaces + ifconfig_foo0 will take care of it.  Without
network_interfaces, we lose this functionality, for no benefit at all
to anyone.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no