Re: PANIC: udf / lockmgr: locking against myself

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:04:09 +0300
On 2005-06-15 09:08, Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org> wrote:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
> >on 15.06.2005 14:19 Emanuel Strobl said the following:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I tried to read a backup DVD with UDF filesystem and I get the following
> >>panick with yesterdays -current:
> >>
> >>mount_udf /dev/acd1 /mnt
> >># cd /mnt
> >># ls
> >>Various Artists
> >># cd Various
> >>panic: lockmgr: locking against myself
> >

> >I can reproduce this panic on week old current under qemu emulation.
> >Simple mount and ls do it.
>
> Probably fallout from the VFS work.  I'll look at it =-(

I can reliably reproduce this same panic on yesterday's current running
on an Acer Ferrari 3400 by starting the build of procmail.

I'm not sure if this is related to the file locking tests that procmail
runs while the port is building, but it always triggers a panic.  I
didn't manage to get a backtrace, because the system instantly rebooted
both times I tried to install procmail, but if necessary I'll try to get
a dump.