Re: groff alternative?

From: Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:30:27 +0200
Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 21:23 schrieb David O'Brien:
[...]
> > This seems to be from src/contrib/groff?
>
> Yes.  But the issue is, why trade one piece of non-BSDL licensed code
> for another non-BSDL licensed piece of code??  What does changing from
> Groff to Solaris Troff actually buy us??  Groff is the standard in Roff.

Groff depends on c++ and is far to big for embedded systems. In fact its
bigger than the complete man pages for the OS. (~10MB).
That's why I initially posted my question and Lyndon made the OpenSolaris
suggestion. I'd like to have a simple possibility to view unformated man
pages with reasonable sized tools. Preformatting man pages is not an
option for me since packages install unformatted man pages and I don't
know a suitable way to change that.

-Harry