Re: Reboot while booting with new per-CPU allocator

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:13:00 +0200
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:02:43 +0100 (BST)
Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > I try to load as much as possible as modules. Can you quantify "large
> > number of modules"? I could load some more modules for testing purposes
> > at the weekend.
>
> Well, it looked like 30 was enough to exceed the 40 page UMA threshold,
> but it's now been bumped to 48 in HEAD.  However, what actually matters is
> malloc types, not modules, so I think two routes would be productive: to
> add a debugging printf to UMA to show how much of the boot page space is
> used at the time it transitions to non-boot pages, and to try creating a
> module that creates various numbers of malloc types.

% grep _load= /boot/loader.conf | grep -v '^#' | wc -l
      51

I try to get some time tomorrow to update from a Jun 11 kernel to a
recent -current. It will at least serve as a datapoint.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
         The computer revolution is over. The computers won.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net