Re: Replace /rescue/vi with mined(1) from DragonFlyBSD

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_radix.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:06:53 -0400
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 03:02:22PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:

> Well, this will help me, but how exactly does it help our
> user base.  Currently, /rescue/vi is useless if a termcap
> file is not available (as in /usr is hosed).

This topic comes up about every 3 months.  ncurses can be compiled to have
embedded terminal descriptions.  That's one choice.  Another is to have a
small termcap file.  That's another choice.  Of course another choice is
to change the editor (though stating that it has support for cons25 and
xterm sounds suspicious, since they do differ).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net