Realtek High Definition Audio subsystem

From: <beastie_at_kamp-dsl.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:58:24 +0200 (CEST)
OK guys I need your help cause I really want to get this to work. I've
googled and found a few things on this issue but no fix so far. This is my
first post on this mailing list, I registered not too long ago so if this
has been discussed before, I apologize.

I'm kind of desperate, I have a new P4 2.93 GHz system 1 GB of ram
(Fujitsu Siemens Jetson) that works very well in FreeBSD 5.4 up to
6.0-current except for the sound card that isn't detected at all up to the
latest current

Realtek High Definition Audio subsystem

I've 'kldload sound' and added them to the kernel with no success. After a
cat /dev/sndstat it just lists the soundcard as newpcm but no more info.

I also have problems with the firewire which uses, yes I know :( Texas
Instruments. Everything else works perfectly, even the 160gb Seagate SATA
on the Intel SATA150 controller, no timeouts, perfect.

The only OS that works with this sound card is Windows XP and I really
don't want to run this OS. So I tried Ubuntu Linux which works very well
with even the Pinnacle TV card (that one should works as well under
FreeBSD ;)) but it won't see the sound card, NetBSD 2.0 wouldn't even boot
with the SATA drive on the controller, OpenBSD 3.6 was no go as well.

So if anyone knows of a fix for above two non working things, I'd be so
grateful. I really want this to work in FreeBSD and I would even go up to
current and use a patch if that is what it takes.
king.

If no fix has been found yet, maybe a sweet soul here could find one or
maybe one of the FreeBSD developers reads this.

Thanks.

Domi