Re: Summary: experiences with NanoBSD, successes and nits on a Soekris 4801

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:25:43 +0200
On Sunday 19 June 2005 17:10, Robert Watson wrote:
<...>
> In particular, I wanted to configure a DHCP/NAT/firewall box, and figured
> that this should be relatively straight forward, as it's likely one of the
> most common uses of embedded hardware of this type.

Nice summary.  As it fits nicely I just have to advertise a bit for pfSense:

http://www.pfsense.org/ - still in the BETA phase, but already a really neat
toy.  I recently setup a pair of Soekris boxes to demo CARP.  With a bit of
trickery (which should be fixed now) got pfSense working really easily.

Check it out ;)

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet