Re: dhclient less functional with nanobsd because of NO_CXX

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:13:43 +0100 (BST)
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> : - Allowing C++ to be built as a build dependency, but not installed.
> : - Rewriting devd to not be in C++.
> : - Providing an option so that dhclient's old and useful behavior can be
> :    restored.
>
> It is generally desirable to have a separate 'install' environemnt from
> the 'build' environment on real embedded systems.  The fact that nanobsd
> doesn't have this useful distinction is a problem with nanobsd, not
> devd.  It should build everything, but install with all the NO_XXX flags
> set to do subsetting.

Well, actually, it's a granularity issue in the src/sbin/Makefile and its
conditional handling of devd based on NO_CXX without taking into account
whether we're building or installing.  Hence my comments about needing to
provide some make infrastructure, since devd isn't the only component that
falls into precisely this pit:

   SUBDIR= adjkerntz \
           ${_devd} \

   .if !defined(NO_CXX)