Getting WPA to work on ath(4)

From: Wilko Bulte <wb_at_freebie.xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:50:48 +0200
Hi,

Today I decided to spend some time getting WPA to work
on my Netgear ath(4) card. The base station is a Netgear
WG602V3.  The AP is configured with WPA-PSK (it cannot do
anything else).

To make sure that things are sortof sound on the AP side
I have setup 2 laptops using Windows with WPA.  Both work
OK.

One of these laptops that has the Netgear card and is dual
boot with -current.

Basically FreeBSD also (but only sortof) works with WPA
on the ath(4).

I setup a wpa_supplicant.conf taking the 'home network'
example from the man page.

What I get from wpa_supplicant on a regular interval is:

Trying to associate with <MAC of AP> (SSID=<foo> freq=2412MHz)
Associated with <MAC of AP>
WPA: Key negotiation completeted with <MAC of AP> [PTK=CCMP GTK=TKOP]

<some time passes; sometimes dhclient gets IP address and data flows
 to the outside world correctly>

Disconnect event - remove keys     <--- why is this?

This process repeats itself over and over.

Am I missing something obvious?

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko_at_FreeBSD.org