Re: lapic_at_2k interrukts eating CPU cycles

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:08:42 +0100
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 03:50:24PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> I have a feature request in to John to add statistics gathering on IPIs,
> since he's currently reworking the interrupt paths.

I like this LAPIC change a lot. Actually I like APICs a lot. They may not
give you 'real' vectored hardware interrupts a la SPARC and PowerPC, but
at least it comes a bit closer.

It would be nice to be doing APIC on uniprocessor systems a bit further
down the line, but that's for the wishlist -- the 8259s are not going away
just yet.

Regards,
BMS