Re: New dhclient - supposed to 'down'/'delete'?

From: <gnn_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:52:08 +0900
At Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:03:47 -0500,
Eric Anderson wrote:
> Is the new dhclient code supposed to down and delete an interface when
> it has been disconnected from the media?

It currently does not do this.  It's interesting because this has some
nice side effects, like not losing your IP just because you moved the
machine, but also has the stated deleterious side effect that you
mention.

I think we need to figure out a proper mechanism to handle these cases
so we get the best of both worlds.

Later,
George