Re: Looking for networking solution.

From: Jeff Meegan <jeffm_at_frob.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:33:51 -0400
> Hi guys.
>
> Thanks for the help and good advices.
> I just received source code from guys at MITRE in McLean, VA for
FreeBSD and will do some testing on it.
> "The code is an open implementation of ISO International Standards and
it's yours for the asking; there is no licensing."

> I was thinking, maybe someone would be interested in implementing it
into FreeBSD's and/or NetBSD's source tree since the code is avaliable
for both the BSD's?

Hello Marcin,

   The code from Mitre is a reference implementation that was written
quite a while ago.  It has not kept up with improvements in hardware
and makes some poor assumptions about the underlying system.  It could
use some update, but I do not know the correct path to get these
committed anywhere.  In any case, if I recall correctly, it is
entirely in user space, and may be best tracked in the ports collection.

Jeff