ndis0: acpi issues and interrupt storms

From: Lukas Ertl <le_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:18:36 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

using ndis0 causes some issues on a -CURRENT from yesterday, although the
problems have been there for several weeks now:

*) I'm seeing frequent interrupt storms on ndis0:

Interrupt storm detected on "irq6: ndis0 uhci2"; throttling interrupt source

By setting hw.intr_storm_threshold=10000 I can use the card, but as soon
as I "ifconfig ndis0 down", the storm happens again, and the ifconfig
process hangs.  I also tried removing the USB bits from if_ndis.ko and
ndis.ko, but that didn't change the situation.

*) ACPI power off won't work if the ndis0 interface is up, the shutdown
process hangs after the final "Uptime: ..." output.  If I then push the
power button, I get an "acpi: suspend request ignored (not ready yet)"
message.  Note that this _only_ happens if ndis0 is up.  If the interface
is down the machine powers off as expected.

I'm using a IBM Thinkpad T42p with the latest .sys and .inf from the IBM
website, the card is an Intel PRO/Wireless 2100.

cheers,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                         http://homepage.univie.ac.at/l.ertl/