Re: Kernel panics with IPSec

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:20:43 +0200
Hi Marcin,

> Hi.
>
> Kernel compiled with those options panics just after initialization of FAST_IPSEC framework on soekris 4510 and 4521 boards.
> There are no devices connected to boards's mini-PCI slots.
> I did not check it on "real" PC's yet.
>
> # Hardware-accelerated IP Security Protocols
> options        FAST_IPSEC                      # New IPsec (cannot define w/ IPSEC)
> options        IPSEC_DEBUG                     # Debug for IP security
> device         crypto
> device         cryptodev
> device         hifn
> device         rndtest                         # Random number generator test monitor

This report is too weak to debug anything, you should provide at least a
backtrace to help people tracking down the problem.

Please, have a look at these two articles [1] [2] which explains how to
obtain a kernel dump.  Then use kgdb(1) to get the backtrace, and post
it here, please.

Regards,

[1] http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/03/21/Big_Scary_Daemons.htm
[2] http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/04/04/Big_Scary_Daemons.html