Re: kernel panic on boot with compiled in fwip(4)

From: Niki Denev <nike_d_at_cytexbg.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:40:03 +0300
Niki Denev wrote:
> I have just cvsuped and rebuilt kernel+world,
> and i got the following panic on boot :
>
> ---/snip/---
> ---/end/---
>
> The machine is IBM ThinkPad X31 running -CURRENT
>
> kernel and loader conf are available at http://totalterror.net/freebsd/
>
> P.S. i have been using this kernel conf for quite a while without problems.
> But i haven't updated my system for probably a month or so, so i'm not
> sure when this
> problem was introduced.
>
> --niki

I have recompiled my kernel without device fwip and it boots now,
but it prints early in the boot (not shown in dmesg) that module if_fwip
is already present.
then after the machine boots, i don't have fwip0 interface, nor if_fwip
module loaded, but if i try to kldload if_fwip it prints:
interface firewire.1 already present in the KLD 'kernel'
kldload: can't load if_fwip: File exists.
Seems like some part of this module is always compiled in?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
--niki