Re: OpenPAM Figwort broke PAM modules from ports

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:12:05 +0200
Hi Florent :),

> > With all respect I owe you you, the last upgrade of my -CURRENT box
> > constrained me to use the following patch to make pam_alreadyloggedin.so
> > work again :
>
> 	FWIW, I always needed to put full pathname for pam_ldap to use
> 	it.

If you didn't upgraded to a too recent -CURRENT yet (ie. you still have
OpenPAM Feterita release), you should try removing the full path if
pam_ldap.so is located in /usr/local/lib/.  If your -CURRENT is too
recent, please, try to patch src/contrib/openpam/lib/openpam_dynamic.c
with the quick hack I posted earlier.  Recompile it and install it
from src/lib/libpam/libpam/ and then remove the full path of
pam_ldap in /etc/pam.d/login.  Try to log from a text console (this
doesn't need to reboot).  You should see either an error message stating
that pam_ldap.so couldn't be found or a successful login attempt in
/var/log/auth.log.

I would be glad if you were able to bring your testimony : I would
really like to see a note in src/UPDATING for this, since FreeBSD 6
is going to be out in less than 2 months, and not informing users
about this behaviour change would break PITA, IMO.

Thank you Florent.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen