Re: suspend/restore almost works on Sony PCG-GRX570, acpi_video not good

From: George Hartzell <hartzell_at_kestrel.alerce.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:57:20 -0700
John Baldwin writes:
 > On Sunday 19 June 2005 06:31 pm, George Hartzell wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I'm working on a Sony PCG-GRX570.
 > > [...]
 >
 > The problem is that your LCD isn't turned back on via DPMS, but there's not a
 > good way to fix that always.  Especially if your BIOS doesn't support DPMS.

Can you say a bit more about this?  When I suspend, the panel dims,
but I can still read what's on the screen.  When I resume it never
brightens, but I can still easily see what's there.  I never goes
completely black.

If I boot up into linux using a text console, it displays similar
behaviour, dimming on suspend, but it brightens back up on resume.

I *have* managed to get it to go completely black using a horribly
hacked up version of acpi_video w/ the DPMS patches, but it still
won't wake up.

g.