RE: dhclient/wpa_supplicant patch

From: Darren Pilgrim <dmp_at_bitfreak.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:54:15 -0700
From: Brooks Davis

> --- rc.d/wpa_supplicant	Tue Jun 28 22:24:18 2005
> +++ rc.d/wpa_supplicant	Tue Jun 28 18:51:32 2005
<...>
> +if ! wpaif $ifn; then
> +	return 1
> +fi

I think it would be better if the dhcpif/wpaif test is contained within
netif.  It has to exist in netif because its job is to determine how to
configure the interface.  The dhclient and wpa_supplicant scripts should
be "dumb" single-task scripts to start/stop their respective clients.

By putting the dhcpif/wpaif test in the dhclient/wpa_supplicant scripts,
not only is it redundant, it makes it impossible to use the scripts
manually with an interface that isn't configured in /etc/rc.conf with
the DHCP or WPA magic words.  Such manual operations are useful in
testing, temporary interfaces and custom profile-based configurations
where it's not possible/practical to have a configuration line in
/etc/rc.conf beforehand.