Re: buildkernel woes

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:55:33 +0300 (EEST)
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Remington L wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Remington L wrote:
>>> FreeBSD localhost 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Jun 23
>> 23:15:54 PDT 2005 mrlol_at_localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
>>>
>>> I keep running into this problem and google is useless here, please
>>> help. I've already done cd /usr/src ; make cleandir and make clean, I
>>> also did cd /usr/src/sys/modules/acpi ; make clean. Also CVSup'd about
>>> 20 minutes ago
>>
>> That's not enough. You should *REALLY* follow the src/UPDATING
>> instructions and go the "start with a clean /usr/obj and use make
>> buildworld" route:
>>
>> # cd /usr/obj
>> # rm -fr *
>> # cd /usr/src
>> # make KERNCONF=GENERIC buildworld buildkernel
>
> The exact same thing happens. Has anyone managed to fix this??

If you are still seeing IPF problems with a clean /usr/obj then it is
possible your /usr/src tree is "polluted" from previous builds.

The problems that you are seeing have been fixed weeks ago by Ruslan
Ermilov and Darren Reed.  I've completed at least a dozen or so full
builds since then (almost 1 per day), and haven't bumped on this.

Can you please start over with a clean src/ tree too?

- Giorgos