[5.4-PRE regression] radeon drm => instant reboot

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu_at_people.tecnik93.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:15:52 +0200
Hi,

I know that in the pre-freeze days are not the best time to update, but
I wanted to give it a try. After updating the world and kernel,
rebooting, etc. after startx I get an instant reboot (Xorg prints the
first few lines in the console and then the machine reboots). If I
comment out Load  "dri" in Xog modules section all is OK. This happens
with yesterday sources
FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE #2: Thu Mar  3 23:57:35 EET 2005
and does not happen with:
FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE #1: Fri Feb 25 05:17:20 EET 2005

I build with -DNO_KERNELCLEAN -DNOCLEAN.

This happens on a GA-7VAX (via8235) MB with a Radeon R250 with agp.

At http://people.tecnik93.com/FreeBSD/crashes/5.4PRE_2005.03.03/
you can find the following files:
dmesg.old                    - old, drm-working dmesg (with ACPI enabled)
dmesg_new.acpi           - old, drm-working dmesg (with ACPI enabled)
dmesg_new.no_acpi      - old, drm-working dmesg (with ACPI enabled)
IT53_U                         - my KERNCONF
radeon                         - what readeon.ko prints to syslog
XF86Config.drm            - my Xorg config
Xorg.0.log.new.no_drm   - Xorg log on the new kernel without drm
Xorg.0.log.old.drm          - Xorg log on the old kernel and working drm
loader.conf                    - my /boot/loader.conf

I'm currently recompiling graphics/dri to see if it makes any difference.

Of course, I can any test any patch you want or provide other
information you may require.

Thanks,

--
IOnut