move to gcc 3.4.3?

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:14:03 -0800
Is there plans to move -current to the latest stable gcc?  It was
released back in November and includes some significant improvements.  I
have been stung by the -O2 issue with amd64 now.  The ports collection
compiles everything with "-O2 -fno-strict-alias -pipe".  tcl8.4 is
broken when compiled this way.  I had to add to my /etc/make.conf my own
CFLAGS.

With gcc 3.4.3, not only have many bugs been fixed, but the amd64 has
been ported to using the DFA processor pipeline description.  As far as
I understand, DFA is getting all the attention and should provide more
support by the gcc community for us amd64 users.

Cheers,
Sean