Re: KVM USB

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:08:19 +0100
Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
> This is caused by a bug in /etc/devd.conf that I fixed a week ago in 5.
> Just change the line to refer to ukbd0 instead of bogusly refering to
> kbd1.  The problem was caused by crappy examples in the manpage making
> me think you had to use the generic /dev/kbd# device not the specific
> /dev/ukdb# device with kbdcontrol.

It's still wrong.  At the very least, the attach trigger should be
changed to

attach 100 {
        device-name "ukbd[0-9]+";
        action "kbdcontrol -k /dev/$device-name < /dev/console";
};

but actually there is no way devd can get it right in the general
case, because there's no correct answer to what to do on detach.

The correct solution would be to teach kbd to multiplex keyboards,
like scmouse multiplexes mice.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no