Transparent proxy feature?

From: Antal Rutz <arutz_at_mimoza.pantel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:34:13 +0100
Hi,

Nowadays I have to use a special firewall software ('zorp') but
unfortunately it only runs on linux. the reason is that only linux
has the feature (transparent proxying) to listen on/send packets (sourcing)
from other IP addresses than the machine has. (maybe with an extra kmod)

The developers told me that they aren't familiar with FreeBSD but would
port their software to it if the OS had support for that t-proxy.

The question is: Is there any plan to support that thing (maybe through
ipfw, pf or ipfilter - no idea) or is that too sick?

thanks alot.
--

--rutz