Re: Using cpufreq

From: Alexander S. Usov <A.S.Usov_at_kvi.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:50:05 +0100
Xavier Maillard wrote:
> What do you use as you supfile ? (default tag)

RELENG_5

> Here I am using -CURRENT maybe cpufreq has not hit -STABLE.

I decided to give it a try after seeng this in UPDATEING:
20050225:
    The cpufreq framework has been merged.  As part of this, the sysctls
    for acpi(4) throttling have been removed.  See cpufreq(4) for the
    new sysctl interface.  The power_profile script has also been updated,
    so you can use performance/economy_cpu_freq in rc.conf(5) to set AC
    on/offline cpu frequencies.  No new cpufreq drivers have been brought
    in with this import but drivers from -current can now be built and run
    on -stable.

It looks that the last sentence is a bit incorrect, and should be read as
"No cpufreq drivers have ......"

--
Best regards,
  Alexander.