atapicam prevents boot, system hangs

From: Harry Coin <hcoin_at_n4comm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:39:14 -0600
If atapicam is included Freebsd 5.3 release, 5.4 pre1 and 5.4 pre 2 will
hang just before the SMP startup notice in the dmesg trace.  If atapicam is
removed then the system boots normally.   The message it hangs on in place
of the SMP message is an interrupt storm on int 18: em0 and
uhci2++.  Scrolling still works, no recovery ever happens.

System is a P4 Asus P4C800-E, no AGP video, digital camera disks on the USB
port .

Full dmesg and conf file details at:

You can access the state of your problem report at any time
via this link:

 >Category:       i386
 >Responsible:    freebsd-i386
 >Synopsis:       atapicam prevents boot, system hangs
 >Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 16 19:00:08 GMT 2005

I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, hope I've posted notices the right way
to the right spots.

HTH

Harry Coin

Harry Coin