Re: Pentium-M - not recognized?

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:50:50 -0800
Eric Anderson wrote:

>>> I have a Dell Latitude D610 laptop, and my kernel says:
>>>
>>> CPU claims to support Enhanced Speedstep, but is not recognized.
>>> Please update driver or contact the maintainer.
>>> cpu_vendor = GenuineIntel msr = 6120e2606000e26, bus_clk = 64
>>>
>>> What does that mean to me?  How can I fix it?
>>>
>>> All my various info (full dmesg, acpi dumps, etc) are available here:
>>> http://www.googlebit.com/freebsd/
>>

> Looks like I'm in over my head.  I think a section for the 750 needs to
> be added, but I'm not sure what to add exactly, and I'm now afraid I'll
> light my computer on fire if I try.  The Intel doc with the specs is here:

Ok, I've committed a patch to est.c that should add support of acpi
detection of EST parameters.  Please give it a try.  It probably won't
work on all systems since it appears some systems need _PDC support
(something I'm working on).  Actually, if yours doesn't work with est,
it should work with acpi_perf.

--
Nate