Re: Read-only XFS support for FreeBSD 6-CURRENT

From: Alexander Kabaev <kan_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:33:37 +0000
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 03:00:20PM +0100, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 13:02 +0000, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately it does not build on my machine (AMD64):
> > >
> > <useless incomplete log skipped>
> >
> > Unfortunately you did not provide any information that can tell me
> > what is going on on your machine. How are building XFS, as a kernel
> > option or as a module, what is in your config file?
>
> The log is not that useless; because there is no -DKLD_MODULE flag, it
> tells you that I'm trying to link XFS directly into the kernel...
> Config is attached.

Well, a lot of flags were missing indeed, not only KLD_MODULE. As it turns
out, you run the kernel stripped of each and any debugging support, without
even INVARIANTS_SUPPORT. You also seem to have missed WERROR="" on make
command line. Basically, you did everything what message in ~kan/xfs told
you not to do ... and good thing you did :) I created a new snapshot file
which should fix compilation on bare kernels like yours is.

Keep in mind though that it is unlikely that I will be able to help you
in case you stumble upon a panic in your config.

--
Alexander Kabaev