Re: panic: Duplicate free of item ...

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:19:40 +0100
Hi Vladimir,

> Dumps dump to your SWAP partition, as long as you have twice as much
> swap as you do RAM, you should be fine.

I know that, but I didn't express myself clearly.  In fact I thought
there would not be enough space on my hard drive to allow savedump(8)
to create the vmcore file.  The problem here is that if you boot once
without saving the kernel dump from the swap device, it won't be
possible any longer, AFAIK.  I would be glad to hear some workaround.

In addition to this, I don't understand why I would need twice as much
swap as I have RAM.  This is not what I currently have a dumps seems
to work correctly nevertheless.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen