Re: Reattach/redetect allways connected umass device - is it possible ?

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:35:10 +0400
В пн, 28/03/2005 в 13:11 +0200, Bernd Walter пишет:

> > Unfortunately, it seen as not-ejectable media.
> >
> > # camcontrol inquiry da0
> > pass0: <Sony MSC-U04 3.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
> > pass0: Serial Number 3
> > pass0: 40.000MB/s transfers
> > #
>
> It's _removeable_ direct access.

oops, sorry. yes it is mentioned as removable.

> Since this is a memory stick - I don't know how one could remove the
> flash media from the USB drive.

Just mechanically.

> But this device bug won't hurt as long as you can remove the drive.

I can remove even mounted device. So it is not problem.

Problem is that I should do something after replace card by another card
of different size to be able mount new card.

camcontrol detach da0; camcontrol rescan all
helps, but, it should be much better if it will be issued automatically.

> > # usbdevs -v
> > Controller /dev/usb3:
> > addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000),
> > Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
> >  port 1 powered
> >  port 2 powered
> >  port 3 powered
> >  port 4 powered
> >  port 5 addr 2: high speed, self powered, config 1, USB Memory Stick
> > Slot(0x014d), Sony(0x054c), rev 1.10
> >  port 6 powered
> > #
> >
> > I guess usb device should be removed on skick removal and back, but it
> > does not works :(.
>
> So you say that the device still exists after unplugging the USB stick?

Yes.

> This is not the intended behavour. Is it still mounted when you unplug?

No. (If be more exact it does not depends on mount state).
USB device never disappear. Probably it reflect real state, I guess,
card-reader itself hardwired to USB hub inside notebook and never
disconnected.

Probably there is kind of disconnect notification on CAM level ?

--
Vladimir B. Grebenchikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru