Re: Reattach/redetect allways connected umass device - is it possible ?

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:58:31 +0400
В пн, 28/03/2005 в 14:13 +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp пишет:
> In message <20050328114633.GZ14532_at_cicely12.cicely.de>, Bernd Walter writes:
>
> >> camcontrol detach da0; camcontrol rescan all
> >> helps, but, it should be much better if it will be issued automatically.
> >
> >Yes - GEOM seems to ignore media change signals from drives.
> >I've added PHK to the recipient list - maybe he has an idea about this
> >problem.
>
> No, GEOM doesn't ignore any such thing, because as far as I know
> GEOM doesn't get any such thing to ignore in the first place.

So, let's imagine following situation:

We get SCSI BUS with removable da device.
device detected as da0 and not mounted.
Device disconnected from SCSI bus.
And finally, another device with different geometry connected with same
SCIS ID.

Please describe how to suppose detect geometry change in this case ?

--
Vladimir B. Grebenchikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru